About Me

My photo
An ENT Surgeon running my own Clinic since 1989 at Kodakara, Thrissur.

Sunday 15 December 2013

The 'Self-Realized' 'Naranathu Branthan'- "BRAHMAVIDYA" CAN NEVER BE TAUGHT OR LEARNT- BUT CAN BE EXPERIENCED ONLY..

*Glimpses of self-realization*

The 'Self-realized' 'Naranathu Branthan'

"BRAHMAVIDYA" CAN NEVER BE TAUGHT OR LEARNT- BUT CAN BE EXPERIENCED. 

In Kerala there once lived a self-realized soul, who was known as 'Naranathu Branthan', since he used to wander about the streets, as a lunatic. One day he was seen running along the streets, murmuring 'I can not understand- I can not understand !!!. After a few days, he was seen again shouting , 'I could understand- I could understand!!!, when a passerby asked him what did he understand. Then the lunatic replied ; "Now I could understand that, 'THAT' could not be understood.

Moral of the story

Being transcendental, 'Brahma vidya' is beyond the reach of body-mind-intellect complex, and hence can not be understood. That is the reason why 'Naranathu branthan' was seen, murmuring, 'I can not understand'. Later when he could experience, his own consciousness, through the 'EYE' of consciousness (insight), he could understand that, 'Brahma vidya' could not be understood, but only be experienced.


~Swaathmaaraaman

No comments:

Post a Comment